Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Everything Fades




Never did I think in the last 4 years that I’d reach back to square one; I’d once again ponder to something that held me tight from my own vision of future. If I die today will it make any difference to the world? – The thought seized my mind. Probably friends and family might just post a sympathetic status on their blackberry or facebook on the grief of my death and yet lead a normal life. But I choose to look at a broader perspective and not make the attention of family and friends a priority, as they might simply portray a false mourn for my passing away. The crux of this is, will something be missed the day my soul departs from this world?

And I begin to contemplate…Have I given something worth being missed for to the world? Moreover, have I been a dignified well-bred human being? Besides will I be remembered by people other than family? Well here comes the haunted thought; what will I be remembered for? Even after a decade will people know who I was? Will the day of my death mean any importance to anyone after my family has passed on?

Certainly I am yet to attain the sheer importance I desire. The 5% of my efforts are minimal for me to be remembered for anything beyond personal affections. Getting an obituary also appears to be doubtful unless my family posts one in the newspaper. As a matter of fact no one will write about me or shower some kind words on me as a person. I won’t be quoted.

Ample is left to do and it’s more of a need than a want to be remembered for long after I depart the world. I aspire to be an icon in my own field/industry. I want to be set as an example to the people. When I die, I want my work, my efforts, the slogging hardwork to live on in the minds of the people. I want my work to be stated globally.

I deem it to be quite ambitious. Nonetheless these are the things I want to be cherished for in people’s mind. I’d want more than just my social networks and blog to result in the Google search of ‘Aanshi Jain’. Let’s weigh up the bitter truth here, once your kids are grand-parents, they will probably be your last descendants who’ll vaguely remember you. Once they leave the world, everything about you will fade to dust. Your very last memories will die with the death of the last few people who knew you.

In order to be remembered, I must leave a mark on the world. Indeed there’s a long way to go for that to take place...At the end of this path I don’t want everything to fade to dust.

"I don't know what my calling is, but I want to be here for a bigger reason. I strive to be like the greatest people who have ever lived" - Will Smith

2 comments:

  1. Aanshi, this makes me sad, although I do understand. I sometimes wonder whether I have left a mark in any way. But, then I am reminded that you don't know the impact you have on someone's life. It may be small, but sometimes the small things we leave behind are the most valuable. Perhaps you smiled when somebody felt alone, and made that person's day better. Perhaps you touched a person with words that you wrote, but the person was to shy to respond. I don't think we can ever know the impact our lives have on each other, or the world. All we can do is keep living and striving to make each moment count. I wish you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll probably never know who i am, but i am your greatest well wisher. But let me quote something from a story that means a lot to you, "Oblivion is inevitable" And let's face it, thats never going to change. Even Einstein or Picaso will soon be forgotten as time passes. There work will cease to be relevant in a future where the world has bigger things to worry about. According to me, the thought of it shouldn't be enough to put you down, or belittle your efforts. I think all that matters is to have an effect on the people who matter. So what if your very existence dies when they do? Life was never intended to grant you anything more than a short period of time. We can use that time to love others and hope they return the same, or we can use it to worry about silly matters like being forgotten etc. And hey who's to say you won't be remembered anyway? This blog is touching so many readers all across the world right? And if it isn't now, it will soon, The internets not written in pencil its written in ink. So take my advice, live in the moment. But what do i know, I'm just a boy from small town in chennai. ;)

    ReplyDelete